The IFAMA 2020 conference in Rotterdam, home of the biggest port in Europe, today’s pressing food and agricultural challenges will be addressed drawing upon the triple helix expertise of academics, business and government. Societal, human development challenges and goals mean that companies in agrifood need to transform, impacting their daily operations but also their future strategic outlooks.
The theme of the conference is “Food for the Future” and to this end, we suggest a number of thematic fields as a guideline to address contemporary challenges in the (triple helix) interplay between academia, government, industry and civil society. We would like to encourage contributors to address one of these thematic fields (see ifama2020.org/themes/).
The conference will host multiple stakeholders of the Global food system and will include academic, business as well as combined sessions. Moreover, we expect around 30 international student teams to compete in the renown IFAMA student case competition.
In this final call, we invite extended paper abstract submissions for oral presentation at the conference. Abstracts are encouraged to fall within, but are not limited to the following conference themes and special tracks. More information about the conference themes and special tracks can be found below.
Final Call for Extended Abstracts
Abstracts should meet the following specifications in order to be considered:
Guidelines for extended abstracts preparation
The extended abstracts (3-5 pages) must be written in English, and have the following structure
- Problem definition, context, and relevance of a paper. Provide references to key literature
- Key findings
- Implications (for policymakers and/or food and agribusiness firms)
- References – A maximum of five literature references may be added at the end of the abstract tekst.
Abstracts must be submitted through this link.
Paper subjects may be within but are not excluded to, the conference themes
- Agrifood Clusters for interaction, cross-fertilisation and (joint) innovation
- Global distribution networks and logistic hubs in a global value
- Agrifood ecosystem dynamics and shared values
- The resilience of (emerging) food markets for a growing world population
- Consumer-centric solutions to make smarter choices for better health and sustainability
- Entrepreneurship, Learning and Institutions in Agri-Food Systems (Pdf)
- How do agri-food small and medium enterprises (SMEs) assimilate technology? (Pdf)
Abstract submission deadline
Deadline for the submission of full papers is 16 March 2020.
Abstracts must be submitted through the conference website: https://ifama2020.submittable.com/submit.
Notification to authors is 6 April 2020. Extended abstracts may be accepted for presentation, accepted as a poster, or rejected. For this final call, full papers are not required.
Papers and abstracts should be written in English.
For contributions related questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding registration, accommodation and overall information, please contact: email@example.com
Full paper submission deadline (passed) 13 January 2020
Organized sessions and teaching case submission deadline (passed)13 January 2020
Notification to authors, organized session and teaching case applicants 17 February 2020
Deadline application student case competition teams 16 March 2020
Deadline late breaking abstract submissions 16 March 2020
Notification to student case competition teams and late abstract submitters 6 April 2020
30th IFAMA World/14th WICaNeM 2020 Conference 15-18 June 2020